All sales are final unless under the following conditions:
Private English Portal will refund any purchase on a payment of classes within 24 hours of receipt of payment if the student has made an accidental ‘duplicated’ payment or if the purchase was made by an unauthorized third party.
Private English Portal takes all commercially reasonable steps to ensure that every credit card transaction you make at Private English Portal is safe. You can purchase one-to-one courses and VIP access carefree because you will never have to pay for any unauthorized charge to your account made as a result of a purchase on our site.Your personal information is encrypted by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software so that it cannot be intercepted and read as it travels over the Internet. Private English Portal’s secure payment terminal is the very best available for credit card transactions online. It encrypts all of your personal information, including your name, credit card number and address. We have never had a case of credit card fraud at Private English Portal, and we have already processed countless numbers of secure transactions worldwide.
This site makes use of forums, bulletin boards and chat rooms. Please remember that any information you disclose in these areas becomes public. You should always be cautious about the amount of personal information you give to anyone in this context.
The entire contents of this web site are subject to copyright protection. Copyright © 2007-2010 Private English Portal Inc. The contents of Private English Portal web site may not be copied, displayed, downloaded, distributed, modified, reproduced, republished or retransmitted any information, video, audio, text or documents contained in this web site or any portion thereof in any electronic medium or in hard copy, or create any derivative work based on such images, video, audio, text or documents, without the express written consent of Private English Portal.
3. RESTRICTIONS OF USE
One user may access the restricted contents of this web site (Individual Packages or VIP Area) per subscription. Any sharing of membership login and password will result in suspension of user’s account. You may not sub-license, assign, or transfer the any mentioned above to any entity without prior written consent from Private English Portal.
4. CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY
Missed classes will only be re-scheduled if the student gives the teacher a 24 hour notice prior to the class. If class is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, it will be considered as a class given. If 3 classes in a row are missed by the student without notice all remaining purchased classes will be automatically voided. In case of emergency the teacher may cancel a class at any time and the class will be re-scheduled as soon as possible.
All our products are property of Private English Portal. You have no rights to copy, download, distribute, modify, reproduce, republish or retransmit any content of our web site without our express written consent.
6. THIRD-PARTIES SERVICES
7. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
You may not disclose any order information including, but not limited to, Order ID, download link, etc. Private English Portal is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information. When you visit our website, we will not collect your personal information unless you choose to use and receive online products and services that require it. We will never share, sell, or rent your personal information with third parties for their promotional use. For transactions involving credit cards, we use only serious e-commerce companies that are strongly committed to delivery up-to-date security protocols to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems.
8. CHANGES IN TERMS OF SERVICE AND CHANGES IN PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Private English Portal Inc. reserves the right to modify the Products and Services from time to time, for any reason, and without notice, including the right to terminate the Products and Services. Private English Portal Inc. reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service from time to time, without notice. Please review these Terms of Service from time to time so you will be apprised of any changes.
VIP Products and Licenses are sold exclusively through our website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions issued by Private English Portal, as follows:
a) INDIVIDUAL PACKAGE LICENSE
You may be granted a Individual Package License in case of purchasing a single package of class. It enables you to access the videos and interactive activities included in that specific package for a limited period of time. When you purchase an Individual package you have up to 30 (thirty) days to access it’s content. After the period of 30 (thirty) days your license expires and your access to that package will be cancelled. No time extensions for access to an Individual Package will be granted under any circumstances;
b) VIP AREA PASS LICENSE
You may be granted a VIP Area Pass License that entitles you to have limited access to VIP Area contents for a limited period of time. You are permitted to watch all videos and complete all interactive activities after purchasing the license. The VIP Area Pass License will be restricted by the level and time period chosen by the client. The VIP Area Pass can be renewed at the end of it’s time limit. Without a renewal purchase no time extensions for access to the VIP Area will be granted under any circumstances.
a) All students are required to attend all scheduled classes punctually and must be prepared to use a computer equipped with modem, headphones, microphone and a reasonable internet connection. A quiet environment conducive to learning is also required. Private English Portal uses the best technology possible to ensure that all of our students have the best classes possible. Installation of programs and/or browsing cookies may be required to allow full communication between teacher and student.
b) All students are required to do homework except for the conversation level.
c) Students who refer other students to Private English Portal are eligible for a 10% discount on their next purchase of classes. This discount is given upon payment from referred student.
d) Private English Portal will respond to all e-mails from students by the next business day.
2. NATURE OF SERVICE
One-to-One Online English Classes offered by Private English Portal are exclusively held online in private sections between teacher and student. Packages of classes are offered with discounts for packages of 10 classes or more. Minimum amount of classes required as well as percentage of discount given to packages of classes can be modified any time by Private English Portal without notice. Under no circumstances are students allowed to record classes and/or redistribute Private English Portal class material and videos.
3. EXPIRATION DATE
Packages of 5 or 10 classes must be used within 30 days from the purchase date. All other packages have proportional expiration dates (i.e.: a package of 20 classes expires in 60 days; packages of 30 classes expires in 90 days; and so on). Purchase must be made at least 24 hours prior to class. Although the teacher keeps a complete log of all classes, we strongly recommend to all students to always keep track of their remaining classes. The student must keep a regular attendance to classes in order to keep the time reservation in the teacher’s schedule.
4. CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY
Missed classes will only be re-scheduled if the student gives the teacher a 24 hour notice prior of the class. If class is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, it will be considered as a class given. If classes are cancelled by the student due to illness, Private English Portal will make up for 50% (i.e. 25 minutes of any level class). All classes used to compensate for sick days must be taken on Saturdays at the teacher’s convenience. If 3 classes in a row are missed by the student without notice all remaining purchased classes will be automatically voided. In case of emergency the teacher may cancel a class at any time and a full reposition class will be re-scheduled as soon as possible.
PEPPY CLUB COMMUNITY
The following terms are the standard shared values of our community. Peppy Club is a community created and kept by Private English portal as a service to provide our English students with a place where they can communicate with each other and express themselves in English. The terms below were created to help foster a positive environment in which to do so. These terms apply to all Peppy Club content, found in both member profiles and groups, and will change based on the needs of our community and the available tools, so we encourage you to review them frequently. We take these terms seriously and ask you to respect them. As Peppy Club members, you have certain responsibilities to yourselves and to each other. While we encourage users to take full advantage of their profiles, groups and chats on Peppy Club to share ideas freely with one another, we have limitations on certain content and behavior. Some restrictions apply and all users are subject to. Violation of any of these restrictions may result in the suspension or termination of a profile or group:
- Spam, malware and phishing: We don’t allow transmission of malware, viruses, or anything that may disrupt service or harm others. Spam is also prohibited and may include: undesired advertising, the use of automated means to perform actions such as creating new profiles, sending messages, invitations, or creating groups, etc. Malicious scripts and password phishing scams are also not allowed.
- Illegal promotions: Peppy Club will not be used by members as a sales promotion tool. No sales or promotion of any goods or products will be allowed between members.
- Copyright violation: We don’t allow in our website any content that infringes copyright. If found engaging in copyright infringement, we may terminate your account.
- Illegal activities: Peppy Club will not be used for unlawful purposes or for promotion of dangerous and illegal activities. If found engaging in such activity, we may terminate your account, notify law enforcement authorities, or take other appropriate action.
- Malicious content: We do not allow text whose sole purpose is to injure and damage someone’s reputation by making malicious personal attacks
- Nudity or sexually related material: Peppy Club is an educational community, reserved for English students of all ages. Therefore, we don’t allow nudity, graphic sex acts, or sexually explicit material. We also don’t allow content that drives traffic to commercial pornography sites or that promotes pedophilia, incest, or bestiality. Any inappropriate photos, text or contents will be removed and the member responsible for the infringement will be banned from Peppy Club.
- Violent behavior: Don’t threaten, harass, or bully other users: We encourage anyone in Peppy Club to try to work out disputes with others on your own. In cases of serious threats we will take action. Please note we do not allow violent text or images promoting animal cruelty.
- Hate speech: We don’t allow the promotion of hatred toward groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Violation of other members privacy or confidential information: We don’t allow unauthorized publishing of people’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, national identification numbers, passport numbers, driver’s and other license numbers, or any other information that is not publicly accessible. To protect your own privacy and your confidential information, be careful not to share any private or confidential information with others.
Reporting abuse: If you believe that someone is violating these community standards and want to report abuse, contact us imediately. We’ll review your report and take action if appropriate. Not all reports result in removal.